Cheshire Community Action is inviting community buildings, community groups and parish councils across Cheshire West to apply for funding to develop their buildings and spaces with projects that align with The Government’s UK Shared Prosperity Fund priorities.
UKSPF Cheshire West & Chester – Community Building Capital Fund
Cheshire Community Action successfully secured the capital grant funding through Cheshire West & Chester Council’s UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF) Programme. The funding is available in two tranches of investment: tranche one of the fund is open in Autumn 2023. The second tranche will go live in April 2024.
The fund is targeted at community buildings, community groups and parish councils to develop their community buildings and spaces with projects that align with UKSPF priorities. The main outcomes of your project should be focused on financial sustainability – either saving or reducing costs or generating income.
- Energy efficiency measures
- Renewable heating installations
- Electric car charging points
- Drainage works to mitigate flooding
- Setting up community shops and cafes
- New and improved sports facilities
- Community uses of outside space
Important: The overall outcome of your project should be financial sustainability – reducing overheads or increasing income.
Applications and Timeline
To obtain an application form, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make the process accessible to all eligible organisations, applications will be accepted in alternative formats. If you wish to apply using an alternative format please contact Cheshire Community Action (CCA) to discuss it.
Funding is capped at £10,000 per application.
- Applications open – 30th October 2023
- Closing date for applications – 8th January 2024
- Awards made – 22nd January 2024
- Project activity completed – 31st March 2024
Voluntary and community sector organisations are invited to apply for funding awards up to a maximum of £10,000 per application – and a maximum of one application per organisation.
You can apply if your organisation is a:
- voluntary and community organisation
- constituted group or club
- registered charity
- charitable incorporated organisation (CIO)
- not-for-profit company
- community interest company (CIC)
There are other eligibility conditions that need to be met and these will be made clear in the application process.
Applications will be reviewed and evaluated by a grant selections panel using a scoring system based on the above criteria. Decisions to make funding offers will be taken by the panel. All funding offers will be subject to a signed agreement that will include a commitment by the recipient organisations to report on outputs and outcomes of the agreed funding purposes.
Given the relatively small scale of this programme, we will be required to prioritise bids. Priority will be given to projects that are:
- deliverable within the project timescales;
- are suitably worked up and costed;
- can clearly be shown to improve financial sustainability or increase income generation.
To receive an application form, please email: email@example.com or Tel: 01244 400222